If you want to hear more of my review on this film, check out my video blog, and subscribe to Real Movie Critic on YouTube:
Kong: Skull Island is a fun and entertaining popcorn flick which gets you excited for what is next to come!!!
Rating: 4.5 Stars
What I Like:
– A sort of unique story that we haven’t really seen with King Kong
– The action scenes with Kong were top of the line awesome to watch, and great use of CGI
– John C. Reilly’s character provided some funny comic relief, and his side story was actually very touching
– Samuel L. Jackson being Samuel L. Jackson as the leader of his army (+1 for his Jurassic Park quote)
– The early 70’s soundtrack was cool to listen to
– The post credit scene gearing up for future movies that are part of the MonsterVerse
The So So:
– Tom Hiddleston’s character started off cool at the beginning, but really didn’t so much in the end to earn him cool points
What I Didn’t Like:
– Though very minimal, there were some cliches that can annoy you
I really enjoyed watching this film. At first I thought they were going to tell the same old King Kong story, but it really wasn’t like that. It had it’s own unique take with some great CGI. The fight scenes were worth it alone, and overall it was fun to grab some popcorn, and be entertained. Looking forward to see the rest of the MonstersVerse leading up to Godzilla vs King Kong!!!
Rating: 4.5 Stars
(Sidenote: Miss Sloane- This was a political thriller featuring Jessica Chastain as a lobbyist doing whatever it takes for a law to pass in Congress. Chastain performed tremendously, but she couldn’t help with the endless boring dialogue that almost put me to sleep. I mean can a movie about a lobbyist really be that entertaining? I don’t think so!!!
Rating: 2.5 Stars)
(Sidenote: Trolls- This kids movie had some cool animation and funny comedy, however, the story is so so. It is really meant for kids to be entertained and not so much for adults unfortunately. At least you have the Justin Timberlake song, “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” to rock out to!!!
Rating: 3 Stars)